Electronic Safes: The Best Option to Achieve the Optimum Level of Security
In this ever-changing world, technological advances can work either in our favor or against us. It is especially true when it comes to modern and security features. Today, not many people use traditional safes; businesses definitely don’t use them. Because the security of the conventional locks is easy to breach; thus, almost everyone is considering electronic safes.
What is an Electronic Safe?
You can open a mechanical safe by spinning a combination dial to enter a combination. The right one puts the lock’s tumblers in the correct position, unlocking the safe. It is pretty straightforward yet effective.
Electronic locks are more advanced. You can open the locks of these safes by entering a 4-6 digit code on an electronic keypad. The keypad is battery-powered. When you enter the correct combo, the locker engages the mechanism and enables the handle to turn so that you can open the security safe’s door.
Here we’ll discuss why you should consider electronic safe:
Choosing high-tech and electronic safes have several perks. Here are a few pros that will help ease your decision of why you should consider electronic safe.
Electronic safes are subject to less wear and tear and are more durable than traditional safes. The safe’s locks have evolved a lot over the years and have become more reliable.
Check the UL rating of the lock to know how reliable the safe’s lock is. UL-listed safe locks are the norm in today’s hardware industry. This rating will prove that the lock is tested for functionality and reliability.
- Ease of Operation
If you are looking for user-friendly security safes, an electronic safe is the best option available. It is easy to use and alleviates the need to keep track of key or remember of combination. Most of the safe models have lights on the digital keypad, making it easier for you to use in the dark.
- Improved Security
In terms of additional security features, there is no match of electronic security safe. That’s because you can set several secondary security checks that increase the reliability and safety of your safe with the latest features that include:
- Time Delay Options: You can set your safe to only open after a short delay period, which will help prevent burglary attempts.
- Duress Mode: If someone tries to force your hand at opening the safe, some options can trigger a silent alarm that notifies the authorities of an emergency condition.
- Dual Controls: This feature needs two separate combination entries to function.
- Dual Token Mode: This feature of electronic locks can increase your protection even more.
- Time Period Settings: You can program an electronic safe to be operable only during particular hours.
- Wrong Try Functions: This setting automatically disables the safe’s lock after a specified number of incorrect code entries.
- One-Time Use Codes: Today, you can find models where the digital lock can offer a temporary or one-time-use code to unlock the safe.
In this digitally advanced world, you wouldn’t want anyone penetrating your electronic safes. Today, you can find security safes that are extremely challenging to open. If you want maximum security, choosing an electronic security safe is the best bet.